It’s that time of year when I get the itch to sew again especially because I didn’t have much time to sew in the summer with settling into our new home.
Last week I made a couple of skirts for my middle daughter. She was pretty much out of nice ones. I’ll try to get some pics of them. I used to different patterns, and both turned out really nicely.
Once again I’m making a list to help me focus on where I should spend my sewing time.
- re-usable cloth paper towels – still on my list – someday I’ll get this one done
- pajama bottoms for all of my boys and also pajama sets for my three youngest – I’ve already started this
- curtains for my bedroom and one for my little boys room – their bedroom has one wall that is just slats and open to the dining room below. My mom is helping me design a special curtain for that wall. I’m going to do a post about how I make that curtain – it will be unique.
- I really want to make an overnight bag for myself. The one I currently own has a broken zipper.There’s some really cute patterns, and I love making bags and purses.
- a pin cushion/sewing mat
- I know I’ll be sewing gifts too this fall.
- I’m starting to more formally teach my two youngest daughters how to sew. One thing we’re going to work on is a quilt top using leftover fleece from all of my projects over the years to make the quilt squares with. Fleece is a very forgiving fabric so it’s a good material to use for beginners.
All in all I look forward to all of these projects and hoping I can find the time for them.
What are your projects for this fall?