Does your faith need strengthening? I know mine does, and God is working on that in my life. I was recently reminded of this song, and I’m glad it is because it’s the attitude that I need to be striving for.
My worries cannot change the fact that my husband has cancer or that he starts chemo this week. In fact, my worries can cause me to turn from the Lord and the comfort He offers. So, I’m going to meditate on this song this week and choose faith…
- Faith that God does rule over everything.
- Faith that God has a good purpose in mind for us and those we meet this week.
- Faith that God will give comfort and strength as needed.
- Faith that none of this has caught God by surprise.
- And faith that someday when we are in Heaven and all of this is over, we will know that we have run a good race by God’s grace.
I care not today what the morrow may bring,
If shadow or sunshine or rain,
The Lord I know ruleth o’er everything,
And all of my worries are vain.
Living by faith in Jesus above,
Trusting, confiding in His great love;
From all harm safe in His sheltering arm,
I’m living by faith and feel no alarm.
Though tempests may blow and the storm clouds arise,
Obscuring the brightness of life,
I’m never alarmed at the overcast skies—
The Master looks on at the strife.
I know that He safely will carry me through,
No matter what evils betide;
Why should I then care though the tempest may blow,
If Jesus walks close to my side.
Our Lord will return for His loved ones someday,
Our troubles will then all be o’er;
The Master so gently will lead us away,
Beyond that blest heavenly shore.
~James Wells (verse 4 – Robert Winsett)