We’ve had a really good week. My wrists are slowly on the mend so I’ve been able to do more handwork. I’ve been cutting out quilt squares, scrapbooking, sewing and cautiously knitting.
Playing the piano is still what causes the most pain so except for playing in church I’m not playing the piano yet. I’m still teaching piano though and really enjoying it. My students are all progressing and seem to enjoy the lessons as well. So far I have eight students with some more possibly on the horizon. I’m praying for four to six more.
I started the first quilt from my husband’s clothes. I mentioned last week that I want to make my oldest daughter a bookshelf quilt. Here’s a picture of the first “shelf”. I had so much fun sewing this together. Cutting the strips is a bit tedious – only made easier by the fact that I have a cutting mat and rotary cutter so I don’t have to do this the long way with scissors.
I found this recipe for salted caramel sauce that I want to try soon. After chocolate I think salted caramel is my favourite flavour.
I may have to use the sauce for this recipe which combines my two favourite flavours…
I don’t have a lot of links this week because I’ve been so busy doing and not so much on the internet. 😊
So on to the list of holidays for the next seven days…
- Saturday – February 3 – Carrot Cake Day (My husband’s favourite cake so we’ll make one in his memory)
- Sunday – February 4 – National Homemade Soup Day (I’ll have to make my tomato soup for lunch)
- Monday – February 5 – Chocolate Fondue Day (Ok, chocolate – you know we’re doing this!)
- Tuesday – February 6 – Frozen Yogurt Day (In the winter – maybe)
- Wednesday – February 7 – Send a Card to a Friend Day (Definitely up for this one)
- Thursday – February 8 – Boy Scout Day
- Friday – February 9 – National Pizza Day (You know my children won’t complain about this one!)
Well, that’s all for now. I need to go spend some time with my little guys. We really should work on organizing their room, but I think we’ll do something fun instead. I hope you have a great week.